Are you looking for opportunities to volunteer? Check out some of the ways you can become involved in our community either month-to-month or throughout the year.
Do you have a volunteer opportunity you would like us to share? We can help! Please submit your listings for volunteer opportunities through the link above and we will share them with students and employees. For questions, please contact Communications Director Shelly Springborn at (989) 328-1234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Equest Center for Therapeutic Riding, Inc. needs volunteers! The center aims to improve the quality of life through equine-based therapy to physically, mentally and socially/emotionally challenged individuals. Their program integrates academic, social and physical skills using the horse as a catalyst. Volunteers are needed to lead horses in classes and on leisure rides and to greet visitors at the welcome desk. Please reach out to Sara Nelson, Equest Center Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or 616-866-3066 ext. 102 for more information.
- Relief After Violent Encounter Ionia Montcalm Inc. seeks to build a team of emergency response advocates or Domestic Assault Response Advocates (DARA). These volunteers would respond to a secure crime scene, hospital or the local police department to provide support and resources to survivors. All advocates will receive training and 24/7 support from the emergency response coordinator. If you are interested in this program, please submit a volunteer application at rave.org You may also text any questions or your interest to RAVE's emergency response coordinator at 616-755-0996.
- Fred Meijer Heartland Trail Board is looking for volunteers. Anyone interested in volunteering can contact Patty Rockafellow Tuesdays through Fridays at the White Pine District Library (989) 831-4327, or email Heather Wesp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IM Safe Child Advocacy Center is looking for volunteers with evening availability. Possible volunteer opportunities include reception desk, fundraising, filing, scanning/shredding documents, cleaning, observing and providing child care, creating flyers, and social media. Applicants must fill out a volunteer application and pass a background check. Email hlenz@imsafecac for more information.
- United Way Brand Ambassadors use social media communication to inspire, connect, and empower audiences to drive social impact in local communities. Visit liveunitedm-i.org/volunteer to learn more
- VITA - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance offers free tax help to people who generally make $60,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly and limited English-speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals. Volunteer opportunities include tax preparers and intake specialists. Visit liveunitedm-i.org/volunteer to learn more.
- White Pine District Library, located in Stanton, seeks volunteers for special programs. Anyone interested in volunteering can contact Patty Rockafellow Tuesdays through Fridays at the White Pine District Library (989) 831-4327.