Have an official copy of transcripts sent to MCC's Student Services Department at studentservices@ montcalm.edu or by mail to 2800 College Drive Sidney, MI 48885.
- High School and Other Transcripts: Students must contact their high schools and all previously attended colleges to arrange for official transcripts. Students may transfer courses to MCC from other accredited institutions. Visit Transfer Course Expirations for specific guidelines.
- Home School: Home Schooled Students must submit a Self Declaration form along with a high school transcript.
- Career Center: Visit Career Center Articulations for specific articulation information for area high schools and career centers.
- AP and CLEP: MCC gives credit for Advanced Placement (AP) classes and College Level Exam Program tests (CLEP) when required test scores are demonstrated. Official test score transcripts should be sent to the attention of the MCC Registrar Office at 2800 College Dr. Sidney, MI 48885.
Explore Funding Options
A High School diploma, or G.E.D. completion, is required to receive Financial Aid/Students Loans.
- Federal Financial Aid: All students need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Grants & Scholarships: View the many MCC Foundation scholarships available for MCC students.
- Military Tuition Assistance (TA): Active military students can view Tuition Assistance to learn more about using TA benefits for course enrollment at MCC.
- Payment Plan: Call or email the business office at 989-328-1204 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to learn more about our monthly payment plan options.
For further assistance, visit the MCC Financial Aid office online or in-person on MCC's Sidney campus.
Access Your Account
Visit montcalm.edu/login to complete and submit a First Time Password Request to verify your personal information and get your MCC password.
Once your password is set, visit montcalm.edu/login and Login Here. Your MCC email address is your username. Check your MCC email (Outlook) often for important information.
For assistance, call the IT Help Desk at 989-328-1246.
Complete Assessment Testing
MCC administers the ACCUPLACER assessment to gauge reading, math and writing skills. The scores obtained through the Accuplacer assessment may meet course prerequisites. Students must be accepted to the college prior to taking the assessment.
To schedule your ACCUPLACER assessment, please fill out a Schedule Testing Appointment Request. Once the form is submitted, a proctor will email you with more details about the assessment. If you have questions, please contact the Student Success Center at 989-328-1264 or email@example.com.
New students must participate in orientation prior to class registration at MCC and can do so anytime online through the Montcalm Community College Online Orientation form. Orientation introduces MCC services and resources available to facilitate student success.
Meet with an Academic Counselor
Academic counselors are available to assist students with scheduling classes, planning for transfers and other academic endeavors. To schedule an appointment:
- Call the Student Success Center at 989-328-1264
- Visit the Counseling and Advising page for more information.
Register for Classes
Register for classes by first completing web registration on the MyMontcalm student portal, then review the most current class schedule for course selection. Class options are greater at the beginning of each registration period, so early registration is highly recommended.
Please be aware that all new students must take and pass GNST 100 during their first semester at MCC.
MCC offers a Barnes & Noble bookstore with all the essentials for class. To make purchasing books and supplies easier when you visit the MCC bookstore, bring along the following items:
- Current class schedule
- MCC student ID
- Billing statement