Guide to Getting Started
Have an official copy of transcripts sent to MCC's Student Services Department at studentservices@ montcalm.edu or by mail to 2800 College Drive Sidney, MI 48885.
- High School and Other Transcripts: Students must contact their high schools and all previously attended colleges to arrange for official transcripts. Students may transfer courses to MCC from other accredited institutions. Visit Transfer Course Expirations for specific guidelines.
- Home School: Home Schooled Students must submit a Self Declaration form along with a high school transcript.
- Career Center: Visit Career Center Articulations for specific articulation information for area high schools and career centers.
- AP and CLEP: MCC gives credit for Advanced Placement (AP) classes and College Level Exam Program tests (CLEP) when required test scores are demonstrated. Official test score transcripts should be sent to the attention of the MCC Registrar Office at 2800 College Dr. Sidney, MI 48885.
Explore Funding Options
A High School diploma, or G.E.D. completion, is required to receive Financial Aid/Students Loans.
- Federal Financial Aid: All students need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Grants & Scholarships: View the many MCC Foundation scholarships available for MCC students.
- Military Tuition Assistance (TA): Active military students can view Tuition Assistance to learn more about using TA benefits for course enrollment at MCC.
- Payment Plan: Call or email the business office at 989-328-1204 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to learn more about our monthly payment plan options.
For further assistance, visit the MCC Financial Aid office online or in-person on MCC's Sidney campus.
Access Your Account
Visit montcalm.edu/login to complete and submit a First Time Password Request to verify your personal information and get your MCC password.
Once your password is set, visit montcalm.edu/login and Login Here. Your MCC email address is your username. Check your MCC email (Outlook) often for important information.
Watch our step-by-step videos to learn more about accessing and navigating your MCC student account. Videos include:
- First time password retrieval
- Accessing your MCC email
- What's available in the MCC Login area
- Canvas for MCC students
- Accessing your MyMontcalm account
For assistance, call the IT Help Desk at 989-328-1246.
Complete or Submit an Assessment
Assessment ensures that students start in courses they will be successful in. Assessment results do not impact your ability to enroll at MCC.
MCC administers the ACCUPLACER assessment to gauge reading, math and writing skills. The scores obtained through the Accuplacer assessment may meet course prerequisites. Students must be accepted to the college prior to taking the assessment.
SAT scores from the past five years may be used to waive all or some sections of the Accuplacer. Download your detailed SAT score report from collegeboard.org and email it to email@example.com.
The following are the SAT scores (sub scores) needed to waive placement assessment:
Writing & language: 25
The ACCUPLACER can also be waived if you transfer in equivalent college classes or a college degree.
New student orientation introduces students to MCC services and resources available to facilitate success as a student at MCC. Orientation is optional and offered online or in-person. Visit montcalm.edu/orientation for information, or contact the Student Success Center at 989-328-1264 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet with an Academic Counselor
Academic counselors are available to assist students with scheduling classes, planning for transfers and other academic endeavors. To schedule an appointment:
- Call the Student Success Center at 989-328-1264
- Visit the Counseling and Advising page for more information.
Register for Classes
Register for classes by first completing web registration on the MyMontcalm student portal, then review the most current class schedule for course selection. Class options are greater at the beginning of each registration period, so early registration is highly recommended.
Please be aware that all new students must take and pass GNST 100 during their first semester at MCC.
MCC offers a Barnes & Noble bookstore with all the essentials for class. To make purchasing books and supplies easier when you visit the MCC bookstore, bring along the following items:
- Current class schedule
- MCC student ID
- Billing statement