Friday, Nov. 30
Decorative Pine Wreaths
5 to 8 p.m.
Join committee members in fashioning pine wreaths to decorate your home this holiday season. Collect your own pine branches (12-18 inch lengths) ahead of time (no more than 48 hours) or join us, from 5 to 6 p.m., to collect branches on campus. From 6 to 8 p.m., we will teach you to assemble and decorate a wreath. Wreath frames and plant wire will be provided. We will provide a few of the following, but you may want to bring your own: wire cutters, hand clippers (bypass style preferred), and glue guns. Bring any natural decorations (pine cones, berries, etc.) or ribbon you want to decorate with; a bow maker may be on hand (10 foot ribbon lengths needed). There is a $5 charge per person, payable that evening. We encourage pre-registration by Monday, November 26th to ensure enough supplies – e-mail email@example.com.
Upcoming 2019 Events
- Weekly Snow-shoeing on the Trails – Jan. and Feb.
- Snow-shoeing Basics – Saturday, Jan. 26
- Winter Astronomy – Friday, Feb. 1
- Winter Photography Contest – Feb. 1-28
- Earth Day/Nature Trails T-shirt Sale – Mar. 1-29
- Guest Speaker, Topic TBD – March
- Earth Day Nature Trails Clean-up – Saturday, Apr. 20
- Trail Thursdays – Apr. 18 through May 9
- Spring Migrants – Saturday, May 11
- Bike and Biology – Wednesday, May 15
- Art from Nature – Wednesday, May 29 and Jun. 5