Guide to Getting Started
Have an official copy of your transcripts sent to MCC's Student Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 2800 College Drive, Sidney, MI 48885.
- High School and Other Transcripts: You must contact your high schools and all previously attended colleges to arrange for official transcripts. You may transfer courses to MCC from other accredited institutions. Visit Transfer Course Expirations for specific guidelines.
- Home School: Home Schooled Students must submit a Self Declaration form along with a high school transcript.
- Career Center: Visit Career Center Articulations for specific articulation information for area high schools and career centers.
- AP and CLEP: MCC gives credit for Advanced Placement (AP) classes and College Level Exam Program tests (CLEP) when required test scores are demonstrated. Official test score transcripts should be sent to the attention of the MCC Registrar Office at 2800 College Dr. Sidney, MI 48885.
Explore Funding Options
A high school diploma, or G.E.D. completion, is required to receive financial aid/students loans.
- Federal Financial Aid: You need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- MCC Foundation Scholarships: View the many MCC Foundation scholarships available for MCC students.
- Other Sources of Financial Aid: Learn about other funding options including Michigan Reconnect and Workforce Development scholarships and grants.
- Military Tuition Assistance (TA): Active military students can view Tuition Assistance to learn more about using TA benefits for course enrollment at MCC.
- Payment Plan: Call or email the business office at 989-328-1204 or email@example.com if you want to learn more about our monthly payment plan options.
For further assistance, visit the MCC Financial Aid office online or in-person on MCC's Sidney campus.
Access Your Account
Visit montcalm.edu/login to complete your First Time Login and use the self-service password reset to login for the first time.
Your MCC email address is your username. The personal email address and phone number you included in your application will be used for verification.
Once you login you will be prompted to set up Multi-Factor Authentication.
Watch our step-by-step videos to learn more about accessing and navigating your MCC student account. Videos include:
- Intro to Student Technology
- First Time Login and Multi-Factor Authentication
- Accessing your MCC email
- What's available in the MCC Login area
- Canvas for MCC students
- Accessing your MyMontcalm account
For assistance, call the IT Help Desk at 989-328-1246.
Complete or Submit an Assessment
Assessment ensures that you start in courses you will be successful in. Assessment results do not impact your ability to enroll at MCC. An MCC counselor/advisor can assist you with course selection after completion/submission of assessment scores.
Academic placement is required for new students who are pursuing a program of study at MCC. MCC offers Guided Self-Placement where students complete a self-evaluation in reading, writing, and math on their own and will receive feedback to make a responsible choice about class placements. Students exempt from Guided Self-Placement are those who have earned an associate degree or higher, have completed or transferred in both college level English AND math, are age 60 or older, or audit classes.
Students may access the placements here:
After the self-evaluations are completed, students are encouraged to meet with a counselor or advisor for assistance in making an informed decision on course placement. Appointments with a counselor or advisor may be scheduled with the Student Success Center by calling 989-328-1264, texting 989-625-4886, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
New student orientation introduces you to MCC services and resources available to facilitate success as a student at MCC. Orientation is optional and offered online or in-person. Visit montcalm.edu/orientation for information, or contact the Student Success Center at 989-328-1264 or email@example.com.
Meet with an Academic Counselor
Academic counselors are available to assist you with scheduling classes, planning for transfers and other academic endeavors. To schedule an appointment:
- Call the Student Success Center at 989-328-1264.
- Visit the Counseling and Advising page for more information.
Register for Classes
Register for classes by first completing web registration on the MyMontcalm student portal, then review the most current class schedule for course selection. Class options are greater at the beginning of each registration period, so early registration is highly recommended.
Please be aware that all new students must take and pass GNST 100 during their first semester at MCC.
MCC offers a Follett bookstore with all the essentials for class. To make purchasing books and supplies easier when you visit the MCC bookstore, bring along the following items:
- Current class schedule
- MCC student ID
- Billing statement