Montcalm Community College responds to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
The health and safety of Montcalm Community College’s students, staff, visitors and those they come in contact with, as well as upholding our standards for academic quality, continue to be our top priority as we continue to work through continuing to deliver coursework during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
student informationStudent-specific information and resources in response to COVID-19, including MCC student information regarding Higher Education Emergency Relief, made available through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).
employee information Employee-specific information and resources in response to COVID-19, including Montcalm Community College's guide for returning to campus amid COVID-19.
CARES Act: Higher Education Relief FundOn April 20, 2020, Montcalm Community College (MCC) signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act). On May 29, 2020, MCC received its student portion of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF), made available through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).
COVID-19 Health Screening
MCC is requiring everyone to enter its buildings through a designated checkpoint. Everyone will be required to complete a daily health screening and to wear a mask while inside buildings. Those who do not pass the screening will be asked to go home. Those vaccinated for COVID-19 are not required to wear a mask on campus.
We encourage you to use the #CampusClear app to complete your health screening, or you may fill out a paper form at a designated building entrance.
- Complete your one-question health screening each day you plan to be on campus.
- Show your #CampusClear confirmation to the greeter at the building entrance and get your dated sticker when you arrive on campus.
Building entrances will be limited as follows, with hours of entry noted. Some hours may fluctuate depending on individual department needs.
- Main doors of the Donald C. Burns Administration/Library Building (Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for business office operations.)
- Main doors of the Activities Building at the Recreation Desk (Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Main doors of the Stanley P. Ash Building (Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.)
- Main door of the Leslie K. Morford Instructional Building (Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:15 p.m.)
- Main door of the Stanley and Blanche Ash Technology and Learning Center (Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Main door of the Bill Braman Family Center for Education (Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
#CampusClear appDownload the #CampusClear app using one of these links, and register using your MCC student email address:
Please note the dashboard data includes Montcalm Community College students, faculty and staff, and is updated daily.
We value keeping you informed while balancing the privacy of MCC family members and adhering to guidelines outlined in the federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). The case count includes active, positive results of students, faculty and staff reported to the college who were on campus during the infectious time period (48 hours prior to the onset of symptoms). The college will not publicly disclose the names of those who test positive or other information about positive cases. The Student Services Department will work closely with each student who may test positive to begin MCC’s contact tracing process and to determine a plan for quarantine. If anyone on campus is found to have come into close contact with a person who tests positive, they will be contacted directly.
Confirmed Cases (week of June 7-13)
Students: 0Staff/Faculty: 0
Total Confirmed Cases spring 2021 semester
Total Confirmed Cases fall 2020 semester