At Early College, students benefit from a personalized learning environment that fosters the development of critical thinking skills within an innovative curriculum that promotes excellence in the fields of math, English, social studies and science. Students will spend their entire school day at Montcalm Community College for grades 11-13.
parent information nights
- Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 6 p.m. at Ionia City High School
- Tuesday, Feb. 19 at 6 p.m. at Carson City High School
- Monday, Feb. 25 at 6 p.m. at Greenville High School
- Tuesday, Feb. 26 at 6 p.m. at Central Montcalm High School
- Thursday, Feb. 28 at 6 p.m. at Lakeview High School
- Wednesday, Mar. 6 at 6 p.m. at Vestaburg High School
- Thursday, Mar. 7 at 6 p.m. at Montabella High School
- Earn a high school diploma and up to 60 college credits, tuition free.
- Reduce time in college by one year if an associate degree is earned.
- Successfully transition to a college environment.
- Potential savings of $25,000 to $50,000 (if a student planned to attend a university and live on campus.)
eligibilityTo be eligible to enroll in the 2018-2019 academic year, the following criteria must be met:
- Students who, as of Nov. 2017, are 10th grade high school students (home school, parochial, private or charter school students are also eligible.)
- Students must be residents of the State of Michigan.
- Students must be at least 14 years of age by Aug. 1, 2018.
- You cannot be in the United States under a J-1 Visa.
participating high schools
- Belding Area Schools
- Carson City – Crystal Area Schools
- Central Montcalm Public Schools
- Flat River Academy
- Greenville Public Schools
- Ionia Public Schools
- Lakeview Community Schools
- Montabella Community Schools
- Tri County Area Schools
- Vestaburg Community School
how to applyView important information about the Early College program, including the required forms and application process.
Learn moreWhether your school district participates in the program or not, you may be eligible to become an Early College student. Learn more about this unique learning opportunity.