The adopt-a-trail program runs annually from May through October. With 13 trail options covering grassy areas, forest habitats, and wetland edges, we have something for everyone! Trails may be adopted by individuals or groups. By adopting a trail, you are committing to visiting the trail at least every other month to perform various low-key maintenance activities such as garbage pick-up, trimming or weed-whipping as needed, or marking trail edges with fallen branches. Any larger maintenance concerns such as missing or broken signage, or a downed tree for example, should be reported to the Nature Trails Committee.
To sign-up for a trail (or two), please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the trail(s) you are interested in.
Trails Available for Adoption: May - October 2023
- Meadow Loop (0.33 mile)
- Witch Hazel (0.38 miles) - Volunteers: Amanda Barstow and David Bussler
- Swamp Walkway (0.09 miles)
- White Tail & Broken Pine Loop (0.25 miles)
- Brown Road (0.40 miles)
- Forest Ridge, Hemlock Loop, & Spruce Grove Loop (0.27 miles)
- Ginger's Way (0.20 miles)
- Tree Swallow Loop (0.40 miles)
- Wetland Way (0.12 miles) - Volunteer: Heather Wesp
- Forest Heritage (0.25 miles) - Volunteers: Burgess Lake 4H Club
- White Pine & Sugar Maple Loop (0.56 miles) - Volunteers: Central Montcalm Volleyball Program
- Lichen Lane (0.17 miles)
- Wood Duck (0.18 miles)