MCC’s Math Center provides assistance to MCC students with mathematics across the curriculum. Our goal is to help students gain confidence in their skills, and become competent, independent problem solvers. With that in mind, the Math Center will help you understand your assignment as opposed to just helping you do your assignment. We are genuinely interested that you understand the concepts and not just the final result.
MCC's Math Center offers online tutoring through Microsoft Teams, and in-person tutoring in the Math Center located in the library in the lower level of the Donald C. Burns Administration/Library Building in Sidney. For more information, email email@example.com.
Scheduling a Math Center Appointment
Math Center appointments are available in either 30-minute of on-hour lengths of time, and can be scheduled online, or by phone.
- Sidney campus - Call the MCC Library at (989) 328-1261.
- Greenville campus - Call the information desk at (989) 328-1012.
Preparing for Math Center Appointment
We want your needs to determine the direction of your session, so let the math tutor know your concerns and what you would like to focus on. Be prepared to take an active role in your session.
For all appointments, please have the following items handy:
- Assignment directions and assignment with your best effort put forth
- Specific questions carefully thought out and written down
- Other relevant materials (textbook, class handouts, notes, etc.)
If your appointment is online (in Microsoft Teams), please be aware of the following:
- Your coach will call you in Microsoft Teams a few minutes prior to your appointment start time.
- As much as possible, please find a quiet, distraction-free location for your appointment.
- If you experience audio issues, it may help to disconnect Bluetooth devices from your computer.